1. It is impossible to ask all consumers what they will want to wear next season or year. Therefore designers and merchandisers must anticipate their wants and needs by being aware of what is going on in the world and anticipating how these events and conditions will affect fashion.
2. Every executive, designer and merchandiser in the fashion industry must be involved with research and analysis. They continuously study the lifestyle of consumers, shop the market, and read trend and design reports, fashion magazines and new papaers in order to understand consumer and forecast what they might want to buy.
3. This research is absolutely necessary to make intelligent planning decisions regarding design, manufacturing, and sales.
4. Designers, merchandisers and buyers must learn to predict trends, which are new directions in fashion.
5. Fashion designers also follow fashion services, collection reports and trend books to study forecasts.
6. Textile and fashion designers use many different resources to anylize trends because they want their designs to fit into the mainstream of fashion.
A. Noting the life style of men, women, children who are their customers.
B. Researching sales statistics to establishing trends.
C. Evaluating the popular designer collection to find fashion colours, silhouettes, fabrication etc.
D. Observing street fashion and keeping up with current events, the art, the mood of the public.
WHY IS TEXTURE IMPORTANT IN DESIGNING?
03 June 2012 2:04 PM |
Texture is an element that plays an important role in design and is defined by two aspects---- Visual Tactile (feel/ hand) Texture is a surface quality related closely to our...
WILLS LIFESTYLE INDIA FASHION WEEK SPRING/SUMMER 2012
12 October 2011 12:54 PM |
NEW DELHI (October 12, 2011)Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI) clelebrated Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2012, which is now scheduled for October 8-12, 2011 at Pragati Maidan with...
HOW DOES A FASHION DESIGNER WORK?
22 March 2011 9:16 PM |
AUTHOR PARAMITA SARKAR MAZUMDER The following steps shown below are a sample format how a designer works. Mostly Fashion Designing students follow these steps while studying in Fashion Institute. The...
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A TAILOR AND A FASHION DESIGNER
22 March 2011 8:03 PM |
AUTHOR: PARAMITA SARKAR MAZUMDER Most of the people confuse a Fashion Designer with a Tailor. The reason may be both use the same tools and the end product is the...
WINNNER OF THE 2011 BRITISH FASHION COUNCIL/ VOGUE DESIGNER FASHION FUND PRIZE
11 March 2011 5:49 PM |
Christopher Kane must be one of the most decorated young new guard of British fashion designers after he won the 2011 British Fashion Council/Vogue Designer Fashion Fund prize. The fund...
28 February 2011 7:45 AM |
Fashion reflects the society and It has been influenced by wars, conquests, laws, religion, and the arts. Individual personalities have also had an impact on fashion. Ever Fashion follows a...